On Thu, 26 May 2011, Daniel Chang wrote:

I am trying to produce DRAMSim compatible memory traces for applications I
normally run on M5 and am having some difficulty obtaining accurate cache miss
information. Specifically DRAMSim needs three bits of information: the cycle at
which the memory request is sent to the memory controller, the address or the
request and the type of request (Read/Write).

I've been able to get a semi-working solution where I print out the
address/cycle/type information for *every* data and instruction cache request
(i.e. missCycle, req.addr and req.type) and then also print out any requests
that stall beyond 20 cycles. I then do pattern matching (in Perl) to match
those stalled requests with a data/instruction cache cache request from earlier
so I can obtain the address/cycle/type information that went to the memory
controller.  This is a crude solution and I think it will work, however I have
a feeling there has to be a more elegant solution. Specifically one that
doesn't generate huge text files.

With that said, what files should I be looking at to get the last cache miss information?
I've looked at the missqueue.cc and other files in the "miss" folder, but none
of the functions seem to have the information I require (address/cycle/type sent to
controller). Worst case, I can use my current solution, but I figured I'd ask since I'm
sure there is a file and function that already has this information and would require me
not making huge text files that contain *every* cache request (hit or miss) :).

Thanks!
-Daniel

Which memory system are you making use of?

--
Nilay