Thanks Jack for replying,

I want to measure the cycles CPU takes to program DMA? More precisely, for a
DMA transaction,a processor is only involved in programming DMA's memory
mapped configuration registers. I would like to find out how many cycles are
spent by processor in all DMA registers programming and with in how many
cycles processor can switch to another thread.
And have DMA model running.

Can I do that using M5 ?

Regards,
Digant Desai.