On 7/3/01 11:27 AM, "Sam Ruby" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I strongly believe that any any such nomination should be to
> xml.apache.org.

Reasons?

It does use XML, sure, but it is primarily a set of servers and
clients which I think fits in more with Jakarta. It's an XML
technology, but so is the digester in the commons, Jetspeed was
going to move to xml.apache.org but landed in jakarta. Ant is a tool
that uses XML exclusively (right now anyway) and it's in Jakarta.

I'm not fussy where it is nominated, but being an xml.apache.org project
means I cannot volunteer to be the PMC member to watch over it. And that is
certainly one of the reasons I proposed it here. I also think it makes
sense to have XML-RPC land in the project where most of the initial
committers are involved and thatıs Jakarta.

What's important is trying to find a home for the XML-RPC package.
So if we decide that Jakarta isn't the place for it, though I
believe it is, than should I post the same proposal to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]?