If a group were zealously opensource, a group Could publically boycott the
JavaOne, hold a "countersession" called "JakartaOne" at a bar or club and a
certain club owner might make a killing in selling inebriation to geeks and
make a very public spit in a certain corporations eye.

Hypothetically of course.  It would certainly make for interesting press..

Moot for me because of my limited wealth.

-Andy