On Dec 23, 2005, at 11:26 AM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

Hmmm...But the deal is if the PMC wants a change to its charter it
needs to VOTE on it and formally adopt it.  right? AND if the PMC does
not have one then it needs to adhere to the board resolution. right?

You know where i am going with this, if you read between the lines...

There's lots of places to go with this :) I guess we need to clarify if we are talking about the charter as from the baord "Thou shalt do webservices" which I do think is up to the board to change (in conjunction with the PMC) or the project bylaws/guidlines setup entirely by the PMC "We shalt to webservices in this manner...."

I believe that many projects do not conform precisely to their project charter but still work in healthy and collaborative ways...

geir

-- dims