Noel J. Bergman wrote:
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

I am +1 for dumping Forrest.  I never grok why something so simple as
our static website needs something so complicated to build it.

Forrest does do some things for us, such as generating what I do consider to
be a somewhat nicer looking site with collapsable menus and tabbed
navigation than we have for the main site, JAMES, httpd, et al.  YMMV.

What's wrong with the xdoc/Anakia approach?

Nothing, necessarily.  David Crossley tried to put together a constructive
discourse regarding site construction almost two months ago, and got almost
no feedback.

I'll go back and try to find that. We all seemed to miss it, and it sounds like it deserves a read. I'll grub, but it might help all of us if someone or David reposts.

And honestly, besides poking in the ApacheCon logo at the
appropriate times of the year, who ever edits the Anakia doc?

I do, every time I need to change the side menu, or other global item.

Right- but compared to the general content changes, how often is that?

geir

        --- Noel