Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> What is your concern?  Can you please try to be simple and specific about
> it?

I'll try again.  It seems we're discussing three different things:
1. development of code
2. development of specs
3. running a standards process

My concern is about #3, and not trying to do it in an ASF project.
My reason is simple: there aren't people willing to do it.
I'm guessing that others in this discussion have been focused on #2,
and/or are tying #2 and #3 tightly together.  Perhaps differences in
what we each mean by "specification" is causing mutual confusion?
Would it help if I reworded #2 to be development of APIs?

> For example, what if we created [EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Forget
> the question of "how many podlings" --- I am simply talking about a list
> related to specification work, and a list related to implementation.

Are you making a suggestion about #2, #3, or both? Is my concern about
#3 clear?

- Bob