Hi Alex,

Am Mittwoch, den 08.08.2007, 17:03 +0300 schrieb Alexandru Popescu ☀:
> Very interesting initiative Felix! Still, I am wondering why this
> would not start as a Jackrabbit contrib project, and I don't think I
> have seen this in the attached proposal.

The reason for not simply adding it as a contrib to Jackrabbit is the
"size" of the project: It consists of roughly 30 sub-projects. Pushing a
project of this size simply as a contrib to an existing project has been
considered as going through the backdoor and not being the Apache way.

I have not taken a note on this in the proposal because we just could
not imagine just hacking it into Jackrabbit as a contrib.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Felix