Am Donnerstag, den 09.08.2007, 09:27 -0700 schrieb Eelco Hillenius:
> > I would like to propose a new Apache project named Sling. The proposal
> > text is attached to this message and can also be found at [1].
>
> +1.

Thanks :-)

> It seems to be primarily focussed on content delivery, not so much
> interactivity, right?

Yes and no. Currently, only content delivery is supported. But it is
foreseen, that we have a need for interactive applications, such as for
example support for JSR-311, but also Portlet, JSF, etc...

>  As such it would handle a sub set of what most
> other web frameworks out there now try to achieve, which makes me
> wonder whether you are planning on interoperability with other
> frameworks as a core feature?

Definitely. While we have no concept yet, I assume something like
"pseudo-content" which could be registered as a service (in OSGi terms)
and which could be used to resolve the Content instance from the URL.
This would easily fit in the model.

Regards
Felix