On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 4:03 PM, Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com> wrote:
> Also, to be clear, as an IPMC member I spend quite a bit of time with
> projects where I am not a mentor, casting (binding) votes on things
> like their releases. I will continue to do that, inline with procedure
> and policy and common sense. I'm pretty sure you're not really meaning
> to question that :)

This is where I think the Incubator has gone awry: the claim that you
are an IPMC member implies that you have merit on a project (in the
form of a binding vote) is false.

Merit should be earned and should be local - and, in that, I think
there are some re-adjustments in order as to how the Incubator
operates.

I'm mildly uncomfortable with mentors who aren't actually involved in
the project telling a community what to do - but I accept that as a
necessity of the Incubation process.  However, I'm much more
uncomfortable when folks who have *zero* affiliation (except for being
on some distant "PMC") telling a podling what to do because *they*
personally believe it is right even when others disagree.

> PS: Just make sure to keep close tabs on the bearded Slovenian ;-)

Riiiiiiight.  =)  -- justin