Greg Stein wrote:

> The IPMC is in charge of its operation. It can redefine the rules of
> releases as it pleases. The three +1 rule was developed to show that
> the PMC is "in charge" of the release, and is therefore legally liable
> for it. The IPMC can do whatever it likes around releases, as long as
> that process specifically claims or disclaims liability.

The only individuals empowered to act on the foundation's behalf are
members of committees.  With the exception of board committees which
are empowered to form subcommittees, all such individuals must be
ratified (either by resolution or our favorite ACK game) by the BoD.

A vote by 3 PPMC members is therefore not binding, not unless the board
is prepared to ack/nak all appointments to PPMC's within Incubator.

Again, I still am not suggesting we want to take this one way or another.