Hi Donald,

Names are a common issue to be resolved *during* incubation. See JSecurity mail threads for a somewhat extreme example.

So, no, don't restart the vote.

Craig

On Feb 26, 2010, at 11:18 AM, Donald Woods wrote:

Given the feedback so far, I'm leaning towards BeanValidation as the
name and BVAL as the short name (for JIRA and mailing lists), since this
is a new codebase and not a natural follow-on to Common Validator 1.x.
There are features in Validator 1.x that will probably never be
implemented in this codebase (like JSP extensions) as this will be
handled by MyFaces, so any users seeing a new commons-validator-2.0 may
be surprised that nothing is backwards compatible....

If we decide to update the project name and resource names now, does
that require a new vote?

-Donald