On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 7:31 PM, Jeremy Hughes <hugh...@apache.org> wrote:
> The Aries community has voted on its first release. From the Aries home page:
>
> "The Aries project is delivering a set of pluggable Java components
> enabling an enterprise OSGi application programming model. This
> includes implementations and extensions of application-focused
> specifications defined by the OSGi Alliance Enterprise Expert Group
> (EEG) and an assembly format for multi-bundle applications, for
> deployment to a variety of OSGi based runtimes."
>
> Aries is a multi-module project. The vote thread on aries-dev for RC5:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-aries-dev/201005.mbox/%3cl2wadbf02b11005050801hdb720bfse0dd3f748f81a...@mail.gmail.com%3e
>
> concluded with 14 votes, all of them +1, four of which were binding
> Incubator PMC votes from Jarek Gawor, Kevan Miller, Guillaume Nodet &
> Davanum Srinivas.
>
> The following Aries top level modules are staged and tagged in
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/aries/tags/ at revision
> 941288.
>
> Modules staged at
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-009/
>
> parent
> eba-maven-plugin
> testsupport
> util
> blueprint
> jndi
> transaction
> web
> jmx
>
> Modules staged at
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-004/
>
> jpa
> samples
>
> Modules staged at
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-010/
>
> application
>
> The RAT and IANAL build checks passed.
>
> The KEYS file located here:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/aries/KEYS
>
> contains the code signing key for myself, Jeremy Hughes, the release
> manager for this release.
>
> We already have 4 binding +1 IPMC votes on the aries-dev list, and I'm
> opening up this thread for 72 hours for any further feedback on the
> staged artifacts for release.
>
> Thank you,
> Jeremy

Its a slightly unusual release structure so apologies if I'm missing
it but where is the source release? If i'm not missing some other link
then something may have gone wrong in the release build,  as an
example, in the folder:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachearies-009/org/apache/aries/blueprint/org.apache.aries.blueprint/0.1-incubating/

the source jar org.apache.aries.blueprint-0.1-incubating-sources.jar
is mostly empty and doesn't contain the source of
org.apache.aries.blueprint-0.1-incubating.jar.

   ...ant