On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Grant proposed that we simply go from LCF to ACF at that time, and
> posted accordingly to this group.  He received several positive responses,
> and only one that raised any concerns.  After a week's delay, we presumed
> that all was well,

That may be the cause of all this - there was a concern raised but
instead of being taken on board it was ignored.

Looking at the vote result of options [1] Apache Manifold is the
second highest choice and has a good amount of support and is far less
contentious than ACF so why not just go with that?

I agree with Upayavira's comment [2] - while it may not be down to the
IPMC to veto a name the board may well do so. So if you want to reduce
the chance of a book title being messed up when the project goes TLP
then i'd go with something abstract like Apache Manifold now (or else
atleast ping the board now to see if they'll comment).

   ...ant

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-connectors-dev/201009.mbox/%3caanlktikd9fglbnyybrha6emr8ordzdlejaf85qvpf...@mail.gmail.com%3e

[2] http://apache.markmail.org/message/vbuq6hqfpuodouyp