On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 5:26 AM, Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 22:45, Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>> On Nov 23, 2010, at 6:06 PM, Greg Stein wrote:
>>>
>>> Don't you think that by proposing Wave to the Incubator that Google
>>> has OK'd this?
>>
>> I don't work for Google and don't know the people proposing this so no, I
>> have no idea whether Google has OK'd this.
>
> Simple review: the original email was sent by Dan Peterson from his
> google.com address. I imagine that if Google had a problem with it,
> then he wouldn't be working there tomorrow :-D ... or if this was some
> kind of spurious one-guy-goes-batshit-crazy, then how could he line up
> so many people?
>
> And sure, while you couldn't know this, Dan is a great guy. I worked
> with him while at Google. This proposal is straight-up.
>
> My simple point is: please accept proposals at face value rather than
> pushing back with paranoid thoughts about malfeasance on the part of
> the people wanting to join our efforts here at the ASF.

Ralph's question seemed reasonable to me, the ASF trademarks people
are a often mentioning problems with using trademarked names like
this. However its something that can be sorted out with those ASF
trademarks folks during incubation, its not a barrier for entry to
incubation.

Anyway, seems like a fine proposal to me, +1 for it coming to Apache.

   ...ant