Hey folks,

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 4:34 AM, Craig L Russell
<craig.russ...@oracle.com> wrote:
> I think of a CCLA as a combination of an SGA to cover the software grant
> plus an acknowledgement that people in the company are going to work on
> Apache projects, whether on their own time or company time.
>
> So, if a CCLA is filed naming the software, a separate SGA is *not*
> necessary.

I always worry when we short-circuit the details like this: the
opportunity for misunderstandings is there :)

If and only if you fill out schedule B of a CCLA, then the CCLA also
is a software grant as well as an agreement for ongoing contributions.

Corollary - if as part of incubation a company sends in a CCLA
*without* actually filling out schedule B, then importing a large body
of existing code on which that company claims rights could be a bad
idea.

I don't think we should spend too much time over-documenting how to
actually use these documents -- in the end the documents themselves
are pretty clear.

cheerio!

Leo