OpenOffice is used in our product [1] we want to submit to the
incubator. We promised to show that we can gradually clean up LGPL
from the code and were working on that [2]. We'd have one less
head-ache with OO under Apache License (even if we don't statically
linking it, GPL does not define linking).

If some guys would consider merging back changes from Lotus Symphony
and some other guys wouldn't be abandoning OO in this nice, polite and
gentle way, I'd really like the change.

Thanks for an opportunity to answer to a president. :-)

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/OpenmeetingsProposal
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/general@incubator.apache.org/msg23299.html

Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,
http://dataved.ru/