On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 20:22,  <robert_w...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> The only concrete thing I've heard so far is the question of whether
> subversion can handle the project.

I would be extremely surprised if Subversion could not handle it. I'd
like to know more about the problems that the OO.o devs ran into.

>  Are there any other specific aspects
> that you think we should watch out for?
>
> For mirroring, I see 295 mirrors:
>
> http://www.apache.org/mirrors/
>
> Current Apache distribution is said to be 32GB.  So the 250MB tarball is <
> 1% increase.
>
> I suspect the end-user facing web site will need capacity.  I'm seeing
> estimates of 1.3 million monthly unique visitors.

In May, the US web server saw about 250 million hits. See:
  http://people.apache.org/~henkp/analog/eos/2011/05/

Note that is the web server only. Other systems (svn, mail, etc) are
on different machines.

Cheers,
-g