On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 11:00 PM, Norbert Thiebaud <nthieb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 9:25 PM,  <robert_w...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>> Cor Nouws <oo...@nouenoff.nl> wrote on 06/03/2011 06:14:56 PM:
>>
>>> I would love to see all work in one big project - read all my pleas in
>>> the OpenOffice.org time. But reality tells me that is not going to
>> happen.
>>>

>> I would like to see this as well, everyone working on a single code base.
>
> That is very easy: instead of starting a fork, join the existing community.
> send patch at libreoff...@lists.freedesktop.org
> if they are good they will be applied, if there are not that good you
> will usually get constructive feedback and many time even help to
> improve them.
>
> I'm looking forward to the fulfillment of your goal of everyone
> working on a single code base, leading by example...

I've said it several times, but haven't (yet) seem to have been able
to strike up a productive conversation: until we have a frank and open
discussion concerning the differences of licenses, I don't see the
above as a possibility.

I have also replied to your post on the steering-discuss mailing list
with a similar request:

http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/steering-discuss/msg01055.html

> Norbert

- Sam Ruby