On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 5:56 AM, Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 10:53 PM, Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Currently I'd describe it as:
>> http://attic.apache.org/process.html
>

> So, is a failed incubation project going into the attic? I don't think
> so. In addition i don't think board needs to approve that, this is
> incubator business.

Agreed. The attic will link over to the Incubator's retired page.

> So my list would be with what Henri said:
>
>> * Check copyright checkbox is signed off on.
>> ** If not, then dig in to see if it can be signed off on.
>> *** If so, sign off with current date.
>> *** If not, remove source.
>
> Plus:
>
> - Update incubator status page with message: "2006-06-24 Project
> requested to be withdrawn from incubation."
> - Move project in projects.xml to "retired" section
> - Update the project DOAP file
> - make SVN readonly
> - make Jira/Bugzilla readonly
> - Turn off automated builds
> - Remove from incubator.apache.org main navigation, but leave it in
> the retired section of projects.xml
> - close mailinglists
> - Announce on general@incubator.apache.org
> - make wiki readonly (if possible)
> - remove from reporting schedule

Seems good.

> What is with user accounts of people who are not active in other
> apache projects and started at the ASF with the retired project? Are
> the accounts closed too?

No need imo. If individuals don't connect for X years and infra want
to tighten things up then they can make accounts dormant in a separate
process. I don't think there's a need to drive out committers who
don't have any permissions to commit to a project.

> Any more ideas?
>
> I am +1 for creating a page on the incubator site with a shutdown guide, btw.

Go for it :)

Hen