On 2/3/2012 7:06 PM, Ralph Goers wrote:

> It would be perfectly reasonable to me for the IPMC to find other ways for a
> PPMC to have binding votes.

I don't see a reasonable alternative structure.  Feel free to propose one.

I explored the idea of having subcommittees make these releases.  That
would /still/ mean having the board acknowledge those who are doing the
voting, or making a rather complex structure of the board conveying the
responsibility for granting code review/approval karma to another body.

It all falls back on the board.  Right now, we are running two boards,
one over incubating efforts and one over 'mature' projects; one is
empowering projects and the other emasculating them.  This is really
quite silly and seems we aught to quit it already.

My interest goes beyond any of those topics, though.  Incubator is very
tedious.  Very little is resolved.  Deck chairs are shuffled.  But at
the end of the day, projects don't have ownership of their code, many
micro-managers do, we aren't necessarily creating better projects than
Chris's proposed structure, and the entire process and participation is
simply not enjoyable (except to the sadists or masochists).