"Since the 3rd-party material is consumed in source code form, I assume
it must have a source-compatible license."

The releases we patch are:

- commons-httpclient 3.1
- xerces 2.9.1
- jetty 6.1

We also build the jdk1.5 version of hsqldb, which does not require
patching but does require recompilation.

I believe all of these are covered by the Apache 2.0 license.

Karl