Hi all,

Roman Shaposhnik suggested I open a discussion on the following topic:

For Apache DataFu, all of the Java classes are declared in a datafu.*
namespace.  This has been the naming convention since the DataFu project
started in 2010.  Since DataFu became part of the Apache incubation
process, the topic has come up of moving all of the classes into a
org.apache.datafu.* namespace.  This was first discussed in January 2014
(see DATAFU-7) and most recently again in the past couple weeks.  The
consensus at the time last year was that it would be a huge pain for users
and not worth the cost.  It would break any script out there currently
using DataFu.  Also Jakob Homan and Russell Journey pointed out that this
is just a convention and not all Apache projects follow it.  Since we would
like DataFu to graduate sometime soon it would be good to clarify what the
requirements are on package naming conventions before we do a release.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Matt