This has happened before. We just say "thanks, and good luck". Most recent
was odftoolkit, I believe. They moved to The Document Foundation. We
transferred a related domain over TDF, for that community to use.

Note that we've also stated that if a trademark is transferred to us
*during* incubation, then we'll return it to the prior owner if the podling
retires for any reason. In some cases, we have allowed podlings to graduate
to TLP status with the understanding a trademark transfer will occur in the
future (ie. trademark ownership is not a blocker).

At least one TLP (iBatis) moved their community out of Apache. We kept the
trademark, so they are myBatis or somesuch. It is difficult for a 501(c)3
to transfer property, so we remain hesitant around trademarks.

Cheers,
-g