on 2/26/01 6:22 AM, "Ted Husted" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> See
>
> <
> http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg03206.html

I would say that that is fairly close and non-biased, which is good.

Struts is also missing a lot of the functionality that Turbine has, such as
a Services framework, full blown ACL system (Struts depends on J2EE which
isn't as complete IMHO), etc...

Turbine is missing a lot of the J2EE "compliant" stuff, but it does have the
non-compliant alternatives (for instance the connection pool which is the
hot topic right now).

The main reason why it is non-compliant is because Turbine started 3 years
before J2EE was a buzzword and (at least personally speaking...ie: not
speaking for the entire Turbine project) I'm not convinced that
J2EE-Everything is the right way to go. For instance, I think that JSP truly
sucks as a template solution.

Another tangent is that Turbine can play well (or be made to play well) with
J2EE tools if you wish to go that route. This is all Java you know.

It all really boils down to this simple question:

    Do you want to be forced to use JSP or not?

:-)

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous
<http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/> && <http://java.apache.org/turbine/>