Ceki,

> My own personal experience indicates that if you first seek consesus
> before acting, you are likely to never get anywhere. Regards, Ceki

Point taken, however in this case surely some degree of peer approval needs
to be gained before people publicly express views as the views of the
project as a whole? Though perhaps this debate is approval enough, and when
I think about it perhaps there ought to be a disclaimer instead, along the
lines of "This document outlines some common arguments and opinions
expressed by some of our members, it does not necessarily represent the
opinion of the ASF the Jakarta PMC or the membership". In which case you
could probably get away with some quite extreme political statements. IMHO.
:-)

d.