Jakarta isnt heirarchical, at all, and is in fact grossly federal, with
member projects able to petition to join, cecede, be expelled. There are few
federal laws, but many local ones which vary from project to project, and
federal government in the form of the PMC does not represent all the
interests of each project, or impose homogenaity(or whatever the word is!).

Therefore "federal" documentation should limit itself to providing a map of
the member projects, and the location their own documnetation.

d.