Jon said:

> On top of it, in *years*, no one has gone and replaced Jakarta-site2 with
> anything better. Sure, Craig did a XSLT stylesheet, but no one changed the
> main Jakarta site to use it and I still see new Anakia sites on
> Sourceforget.net all the time.

Which, I believe, highlights a major issue here. For once the producers of
technology are being cast into consumers of it, and realising that cool
technology in itself is not enough to get that sale. Ease of implementation
and maintenance and a low cost of migration are the sticking points.
sub-Projects won't sign up to new ways of developing their sites for its own
sake, we all know we'd rather be working on the project than the website
generation tool. Any change has to bring advantages which outweigh the
costs.

d.