-m and  -c come before -a and -l..

Usage: cvs history [-report] [-flags] [-options args] [files...]

   Reports:
        -T              Produce report on all TAGs
        -c              Committed (Modified) files
        -o              Checked out modules
        -m <module>     Look for specified module (repeatable)
        -x [TOEFWUCGMAR] Extract by record type
        -e              Everything (same as -x, but all record types)
   Flags:
        -a              All users (Default is self)
        -l              Last modified (committed or modified report)
        -w              Working directory must match
        -D <date>       Since date (Many formats)
        -b <str>        Back to record with str in module/file/repos field
        -f <file>       Specified file (same as command line) (repeatable)
        -n <modulename> In module (repeatable)
        -p <repos>      In repository (repeatable)
        -r <rev/tag>    Since rev or tag (looks inside RCS files!)
        -t <tag>        Since tag record placed in history file (by anyone).
        -u <user>       For user name (repeatable)
        -z <tz>         Output for time zone <tz> (e.g. -z -0700)