On Dec 18, 2003, at 8:02 PM, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:

This is FUD. No decisions are being made in private.

Isn't everything you disagree with?

You are making assertions that aren't correct to cast doubt on something. That's commonly known as FUD.

I'm sorry, I hallucinated that we were having all of these discussions about
the future of jakarta and how to best reorganize it on
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Remember what you said. You said that "decisions were being made in private".

Which is IMHO, PRECISELY why it should take place here. Why should we
describe it if when we can let it describe itself?

Here I disagree with you, and what you are saying isn't FUD - it's just
that I disagree. See the difference?

I'm not sure you do.

But do you see the difference, right? One is a disagreement, and one is you making things up.

The ironic thing is that the upshot of what we are discussing is how
make governance of Jakarta as inclusive as possible :)

Glad you caught that.

The private list of any PMC has it's place. The specific problem we
are solving has to do with governance of Jakarta and how to bring as
much of the community as possible into that governance process to make
things as transparent and accountable as possible. Because there is
this specific problem, I think that the private list is fine venue for
the PMC to organize how it is going to approach the problem, especially
since it's clear that we want to bring this to general@ ASAP.

Ironic.

Ignoring this is convenient to support a position characterizing
Jakarta as not open, but ignores the facts of the matter, IMO.

Yeah right. I favor all of the present discussion on PMC@ take place here.
No more secret discussions except when they MUST be secret... Openness
isn't always convenient.

And thinking things through isn't either. But sometimes it must be done.

geir

[EMAIL PROTECTED]