Tbh, probably not a lot of difference, especially compared to the differences between the distros themselves.

Avoid going to the *BSD's.

I'd recommend not using the Java bits that come with the distro, but installing it all yourself.

Otherwise, choose the distro for the other reasons. As a developer, you'll probably want to avoid the consumer Linuxes, Linspire etc.

Hen