This is cross-posted, please use your discretion to respond to the
relevant list(s). At a suitable time, I'll try to collate replies in a
summary post to gene...@.

We have three Jakarta sub-projects that have been discussion points
for moving elsewhere (viz. ECS, ORO and Regexp). For example, the last
time this came up was during the merge development mailing lists
discussion.

There have been a couple of candidate locations spoken of where these
can be moved:
(a) Apache Commons, where they can be maintained -- pending Jakarta
and Commons approvals; and
(b) Apache Attic, where they can be retired -- pending Jakarta approval.

If there is interest in moving one or more to Commons, we can initiate
that topic with Commons some time soon.

So, for each of the three sub-projects: Commons or Attic or something else now?

I'll wait three weeks for any responses, please reply by 3/21 if you
have any comments.

-Rahul