On 18/05/2010, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de> wrote:
> [...]
>  > Vote will remain open for at least 72 hours.
>  >
>  > [ ] +1 I support this release.
>  > [ ] -1 I am against releasing the packages (must include a reason).
>

> -1, package cannot be build from source:
>
>  ================= %< ==================
>  $ mvn clean install
>  <snip>
>  [INFO]
>  [INFO] Building Apache BSF testing for JavaScript/E4X 1.6R7 Axiom
>  [INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
>  [INFO]
>  [INFO] [clean:clean {execution: default-clean}]
>  [INFO] [remote-resources:process {execution: default}]
>  Downloading:
>  http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ws/commons/axiom/axiom-
>  api/1.2.5/axiom-api-1.2.5.pom
>
>  Downloading:
>  http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ws/commons/axiom/axiom-
>  parent/1.2.5/axiom-parent-1.2.5.pom
>
>  Downloading:
>  http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ws/commons/axiom/axiom-
>  impl/1.2.5/axiom-impl-1.2.5.pom
>
>  Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/wso2/wsf/javascript/axiom-
>  e4x/0.29/axiom-e4x-0.29.pom
>  [INFO] Unable to find resource 'org.wso2.wsf.javascript:axiom-e4x:pom:0.29'
>  in repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
>  Downloading:
>  http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ws/commons/axiom/axiom-
>  api/1.2.5/axiom-api-1.2.5.jar
>  Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/wso2/wsf/javascript/axiom-
>  e4x/0.29/axiom-e4x-0.29.jar
>
>  Downloading:
>  http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/ws/commons/axiom/axiom-
>  impl/1.2.5/axiom-impl-1.2.5.jar
>  [INFO] Unable to find resource 'org.wso2.wsf.javascript:axiom-e4x:jar:0.29'
>  in repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
>
>  [INFO]
>  [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
>  [INFO]
>  [INFO] Failed to resolve dependencies for one or more projects in the
>  reactor. Reason: Missing:
>  ----------
>  1) org.wso2.wsf.javascript:axiom-e4x:jar:0.29
>
>   Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>
>   Then, install it using the command:
>       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.wso2.wsf.javascript -
>  DartifactId=axiom-e4x -Dversion=0.29 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
>
>   Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file
>  there:
>       mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.wso2.wsf.javascript -
>  DartifactId=axiom-e4x -Dversion=0.29 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -
>  Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
>
>   Path to dependency:
>         1) org.apache.bsf.testing:bsf-testing-e4x-1.6R7-Axiom:jar:3.1
>         2) org.wso2.wsf.javascript:axiom-e4x:jar:0.29
>
>  ----------
>  1 required artifact is missing.
>
>  for artifact:
>   org.apache.bsf.testing:bsf-testing-e4x-1.6R7-Axiom:jar:3.1

Rats - it builds OK for me and for Hudson - I guess those must have
got local copies.

BTW, what JVM and OS are you using?

>  BUILDING text file does not give any hint where this artifact should be
>  coming from.

Nor should it need to - it should be in the maven POMs.

I tidied up some of the repo dependencies as I thought I found it in central.
I assumed that Maven would tell me if the dependency could not be resolved.

Is there any way to check this, apart from deleting the local maven repo?

Try adding

    <repositories>
       <repository>
          <id>wso2</id>
          <url>http://dist.wso2.org/maven2</url>
          <snapshots>
             <enabled>true</enabled>
          </snapshots>
       </repository>
    </repositories>

to testing/e4x-1.6R7-Axiom/pom.xml

and see if that allows the test to continue.

I'd like to see if there are any further problems before proceeding
with another RC.

>  BTW: Is BSF 3.1 now compatible with Jexl2? Jexl2 has now its own script
>  engine support, but BSF engines will force Jexl 1.2 in which creates
>  incompatibilities for Jexl2 in BSF 3.0.

Start a new thread for that.