There was a typo in the line. The comma between startup_jhs and ijs should
have been a period.

Following is the corrected line:
  'PC_FONTSIZE_jhs_=:''22px''' fwrite jpath'~config/startup_jhs.ijs'

This works for me. Note that you have to stop the JHS server and restart it
to have the startup_jhs script loaded.