So it's likely an Xv driver issue.

From: general-boun...@lists.tizen.org [mailto:general-boun...@lists.tizen.org]
On Behalf Of abhishek tejaswi
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 3:29 PM
To: Carsten Haitzler
Cc: general@lists.tizen.org
Subject: Re: [Tizen General] Video player launch in tizen2.0alpha : Screen goes
blank

Hao,
I am using to v4l2 sink.
Thanks Carsten for providing the information.
I will try to figure out the issue and update.

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Carsten Haitzler
<ti...@rasterman.com<mailto:ti...@rasterman.com>> wrote:
On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 12:23:51 +0530 abhishek tejaswi
<abhishek.teja...@gmail.com<mailto:abhishek.teja...@gmail.com>> said:

> Hi Carsten,
> I am using the command  echo 1,1/0/0/0 >
> /sys/devices/platform/vpss/display1/order in Ti platform to change the
> display order. With this I am to play video+audio using command line
> gstreamer pipeline. My goal is to launch video player and play music
> through UI. The video player when launched from command line does not shows
> up anything on screen. It not even shows any controls as such. But when I
> use
>
> *edje_player -p -S /opt/apps/org.tizen.video-player/res/edje/progress.edj*,
> I can see progress for video player.
well that's just loading the gfx file for the video player... no video involved
there.

chances are that it has something to do with the fact that all our tests happen
on our own hw and customized driver setups that supports specific video layouts,
formats, video layering, framebuffer formats, gpu drivers etc. etc. and
something you have is not filling in one of those. tizen is far from a generic
OS built for generic hardware then to be adapted. it is built and adapted very
specifically for specific hardware and driver/os setups. somewhere in that
massive stack something has gone awry and there is not enough information in
your emails for me to know what. it could be related to video pipeline, video
layers, compositing, xorg drivers, opengl drivers, or possibly somewhere
else... i work on the efl bits. i don't know the specifics of the video player
app (tizen is too big and basically a totally foreign os as i know of no one,
including me, who uses it day to day on their phones, pc's or laptops - it's
always a foreign os on the end of some serial/usb line at this stage). does the
video player force opengl? not? does it force alpha channel windows ASSUMING
the video hw layer will inherit the alpha pixels and magically just show the
video layer? if its totally black - then what happened to its window? where?
why? is compositor compositing (probably should have turned itself off for a
fullscreen window)?... lots of q's few answers atm. :)

--
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)
<ti...@rasterman.com<mailto:ti...@rasterman.com>>