Hello All,

This article will demonstrate that during the development of large projects static analysis is not just a useful, but a completely necessary part of the development process. This article is the first one in a series of posts, devoted to the ability to use PVS-Studio static analyzer to improve the quality and reliability of the Tizen operating system. For a start, I checked a small part of the code of the operating system (3.3%) and noted down about 900 warnings pointing to real errors. If we extrapolate the results, we will see that our team is able to detect and fix about 27000 errors in Tizen. Using the results of the conducted study, I made a presentation for the demonstration to the Samsung representatives with the offers about possible cooperation. The meeting was postponed, that is why I decided not to waste time and transform the material of the presentation to an article: https://www.viva64.com/en/b/0519/

----
Best regards,
Andrey Karpov, Microsoft MVP,
Ph.D. in Mathematics, CTO