Hi,

After using Galaxy smart watches, I got really interested in Tizen OS as an
open source platform connecting a wide variety of embedded devices
together; meanwhile, it gives us much more flexibility to tune it for
specific devices and usecases which is not quite attainable on other
platforms.

Despite using Tizen on low-end smartphones, I found that no new Tizen-based
smartphone has been released since 2017. What does it mean? Did Samsung get
disappointed from Tizen on the smartphone market? On the other hand, I am
really intrigued to port Tizen OS on more advanced hardware like new
Samsung's smartphones of Galaxy series.

Although I want to port Tizen 5.0 to Galaxy S9, the most challenging
problem, as far as I know, is the availability of drivers and HALs. How can
I port Tizen 5.0 to Galaxy S9? Is it basically possible considering
available public resources related to the hardware of S9? After porting,
can I experience basic functionalities of  S9 similar to what we have in
community based Android OSs like Lineage OS?

Thank you.
Raouf