On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Uwe Schindler <u...@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> Die, Contrib, die! We will hopefully only have modules soon?
>
> +1 to "Lucene Core", "Lucene Modules" and "Solr". As qualifier we can use
> "for Java" to differentiate from .NET. But in my opinion, all others should
> be separate projects and the main project is called "Lucene Family for Java"
> (without family but I like it).

Right - Lucene Core, Modules, Solr are all the same project.
We're only coming up with these different labels because some of the
parts may be downloaded and/or documented separately (and have a
pre-existing brand associated with that).

So distinct labels make sense for Lucene and Solr, but not for contrib
and not for Modules (at least not yet).

I understand Steven's concern too - the download for "Lucene Core" is
likely to have contrib stuff for some time to come, so there would
logically be "core" and "contrib" parts to "Lucene Core".  Although in
practice, I don't think that little bit of ambiguity is likely to
cause problems.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com