Author: Alexander Barkov
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message:
> > i've installed mnogosearch-3.1.19 on redhat-6.2 with mysql-3.23.39. my site's
>FQDN is http://asterix.net.in/ & its alias is http://asterix/. i can also
>access the site with just its alias. Now, i've given "Server
>http://asterix.net.in/" in indexer.conf. So i get the search output prefixed
>by http://asterix.net.in/. Can I also have the search output prefixed by just
>http://asterix/ ?
> >

> I have got similar problem. I need to access the site with both URL
> and IP Address. But in indexer.conf I can specify only one of them. Is it possible
>to index the site independent of Hostname or IP Address ?

Hello!

Do you mean that pages some links with full server name:
 http://asterix.net.in/ and some with short http://asterix/ ?

You can use two Server commands with enabled clone detection:

Clones yes
Server http://asterix.net.in/
Server http://asterix/

However, search results will be displayed in the way they was found:
some with full server name and some with short name.

There is a new feature implemented in 3.2.x sources
available from CVS, so called ReverseAlias. It allows
URL mapping when URL is inserted into database:

ReverseAlias http://asterix/   http://asterix.net.in/
Server       http://asterix.net.in/

All links with short server name will be mapped to links
with full server name before their adding into database.

Reply: <http://www.mnogosearch.org/board/message.php?id=3041>