Hi!

Danish Qadri wrote:

> I'm attempting to use HTDB to index a database driven web site.
> Unfortunately, we're using MySQL for the web site DB, and I want to use
> PostgreSQL for the search engine db. Until MySQL 4 becomes stable, I feel
> that Postgres was the best solution for our load level.
>
> I'm not sure if indexing between different dbs is supported yet (even in
> CVS). What if any are the current hurdles to overcome before we get to
> this point?

HTDB indexing really can't use different dbs.

HTDB even can't indexing different databases within one server.
It uses the same connection for storage HTDB source.

Actually, we have a possibility to use to different connections
for HTDB source and for storage on our TODO. But there are many
more requested features. So, I haven't any estimation when it
we'll be done.

In despite of it is marked as beta, MySQL 4.0 is actually very stable,
at least it's core functionality. Probably only some newely added
features have bugs. But mnogosearch doesn't use them, but only
very simple basic queries.

So, there are two ways to overcome:

1. Use MySQL
2. Try to show the team that this is a very useful feature,
so team will review the order of it's importance :-)