On Apr 12, 2005, at 5:26 AM, Neeraj Bajaj wrote:

Hello Geir,

Signing ICLA shouldn't be a problem if that is requirement.
Let us know what needs to be done. Should one be committer
to sign ICLA ?

You don't have to be a committer, no. If these individuals wish to be able to earn committer status in the future, you might as well do them.

OTOH, if this was just work inside Sun previously on the codebase, then their work is covered in the license grant part of the CCLA that got the code to the ASF in the first place, so nothing should be needed.

What I would do is just remove the names from the code, and in the commit message, note that you are removing as they are internal Sun committers, that their work was done at Sun before the contribution was made, and you are removing them to eliminate the confusion that arose.

This way, when someone looks back in a few year, the note is there and it will be clear.

geir

- Neeraj

Brian Minchau wrote:

Geir,
Neeraj Bajaj committed the Sun JAXP 1.3 code and he has an ICLA on file.
However, looking at the donated code, there are @author tags now present
for two Sun folks who don't have ICLAs. The new @author tags are:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

As you pointed out to me before, they are not listed in the CCLA (because
no names are in the CCLA). This needs to get resolved.

Which is the resolution?
a) get these tags removed
b) get those Sun people to sign ICLAs
c) the Sun people have ICLAs on file, but the foundation/iclas.txt file is
out of date

- Brian

[EMAIL PROTECTED]