It depends on the architecture. Normally for something like this, I
tend to use php (mainly due to my background with it) as itis pretty
simple to use... you could use SAX or the DOM (or even simpleXML in
php5). Basically, you have a set of queries, i.e. "INSERT INTO
companies (name, street, city, state, zip) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?)",
and pass value syou get from the xml file to it using adodb or
something like that.

I'd simply write a dataMapper that maps xml nodes to database fields
usin gthe DOM (or SAX if it was large) and adodb.

Of course, I am sure you could do something simular using C++, but it
would seem simpler just to use some high level language to get it done
quickly.

Thanks,
JC