I'm not sure if this idea is new, but over the weekend I developed a
rather simple to use XML parser that uses annotations and POJOs (plain
old java objects) to directly load XML data into objects.

I was wondering if the apache xml team would be interested in such a
thing, as a simpler cousin to xerces (actually, you can do virtually
everything, except process generic unknown XML, with the annotation
idea - that covers just about everything except XML editors, which
you'd have to write using DOM/Xerces. it also abstracts away the major
differences between DOM and SAX; it can be used in both 'event-based'
and 'fully loaded in memory' configurations with virtually exactly the
same code).

I've hacked a tutorial together that takes you through creating a
parser for ATOM in about 10 minutes, here:

http://www.zwitserloot.com/java-boilerplate/mox/tutorial.html

I don't have any particular wishes as to what happends to the code
that's there - public domain, or apache license, it's all fine by me.
java 1.5 required, obviously - annotations make it tick.