From: Peter McCracken [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Dienstag, 14. Februar 2006 16:23
To: general@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Xalan-J, Xerces-J XInclude question

"Paulus Oliver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 02/14/2006 10:11:35

AM:

> Is there a possibility to omit Xerces-J to include xml:base attributes
> if Xinclude is used?

Hi Oliver,

Adding xml:base attributes is required by the XInclude specification [1]

in some situations, which is why they're there.

However, your problem is a common one.  Xerces has a feature
"http://apache.org/xml/features/xinclude/fixup-base-uris"; (see [2])
which will omit the xml:base attributes when set to false.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude/#base
[2]
http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/features.html#xinclude.fixup-base-uri

Hope that helps.