Mark Knecht wrote:
of lasting for years and becoming urban legends. So many people seem
happy with ck-sources so I think if it doesn't work for me it must be
me.

the ck kernel has specific uses. It's main purpose is to be a good desktop kernel with a concentration on interactivity. This goal does parallel with the goal of audio users, however, I believe there are differences in latency tolerances between those two camps (the desktop user and the audio user).

I personally use it on a production terminal server running gentoo with about 15 users. The ck kernel performs flawlessly. I'm about to upgrade to the newer one, as Con has just stabilized the swap-prefetching feature that I would love to offer to my users.