On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 4:43 AM, Frank Peters <frank.pet...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Once again, my decision to avoid the (to me) unnecessary complications
> of UDEV has got me into trouble.  It seems that developers just assume
> that everyone uses UDEV and they will, inadvertently or otherwise, overlook
> those few who choose not to do so.  I just wonder how long I'll be able
> to exercise this choice.

It really isn't any different than running any other exotic
configuration, like prefix, freebsd, or whatever (though those are
treated as archs and get testing before being stabilized).  Developers
don't test under every possible configuration, so the more unusual
your configuration is, the more likely you are to run into these sorts
of issues.

The only thing you can do is report bugs when they happen, or become a
developer and help fix them.  That's how every other arch gets
supported - there are just more people doing it.

Rich