On 05/02/2016 07:00 PM, Daiajo Tibdixious wrote:
> Sorry to come back to this.
> I have a working ebuild, in the sense that I can install/remove using
> emerge, however the NXT client crashes a few second after starting
> with no error message.
> I don't expect you to help with the crash.
>
> The links you gave for Packages & the .deb file are still working but
> the Release one is not.
> I've tried
> wget http://content.runescape.com/a=946/downloads/ubuntu/trusty/Release
> wget https://content.runescape.com/a=946/downloads/ubuntu/trusty/Release
> wget https://content.runescape.com/downloads/ubuntu/trusty/non-free/Release
> All give 404 not found.
>
> I'm after a way to tell if they have bumped the version number,
> because its not on their download page.

As the instructions they gave changed, the method to get the initial
"Release" file also changed.  The new file is at:

<https://content.runescape.com/downloads/ubuntu/dists/trusty/Release>

This then points to a Packages file at:

<https://content.runescape.com/downloads/ubuntu/dists/trusty/non-free/binary-amd64/Packages>

This in turn points to the new location of the (hopefully) same .deb
archive, at:

<https://content.runescape.com/downloads/ubuntu/pool/non-free/r/runescape-launcher/runescape-launcher_2.2.2_amd64.deb>

To construct these URLs, I took the line given for the configuration of
apt, which is:

    deb https://content.runescape.com/downloads/ubuntu/ trusty non-free

Starting with the URL given
(<https://content.runescape.com/downloads/ubuntu/>), add
<dists/{dist}/Release> (in this case <dists/trusty/Release>) to get the
Release file.  The Release file points to Packages files located in
subdirectories of the directory containing Release; the appropriate file
would be under <{component}/binary-{arch}> (so <non-free/binary-amd64>).
 Each Packages file then lists the metadata for each version of each
package that is currently available as part of that dist/component/arch,
all of which reside under <pool/{component}> under the main URL.  The
actual directory structure is always
<pool/{component}/{first-letter-of-src-pkg}/{src-pkg}/{binary-pkg}_{version}_{arch}.deb>,
unless {src-pkg} begins with the letters "lib", in which case it uses a
subdirectory named after the first four characters in {src-pkg} instead.

For a more complete view of how the repository is structured, you may
want to browse http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ or
http://archive.ubuntu.org/ubuntu/, which are the roots of Debian and
Ubuntu's repositories, respectively.  Note that in some cases, the
Packages files are only available compressed (as Packages.gz or
Packages.bz2).

--
Jonathan Callen