The push to Plasma 5 had me switch to sddm by default instead of kdm. Does
anyone know how to configure sddm to not advertise all user names on the
login screen? I.e. - have users type both their user names as well as
passwords?

Note that there is discussion in the man pages about a file /etc/sddm.conf
but it's not installed on my system, I don't see any use flags that would
apparently change that and there's no obvious documentation on what I think
is the sddm homepage:

https://github.com/sddm

If sddm cannot be configured this way then are there any other Display
Managers that work this way and work well with KDE?

Cheers,
Mark