On Montag, 17. April 2017 03:17:21 CEST Duncan wrote:
> Martin Vaeth posted on Sun, 16 Apr 2017 18:01:00 +0000 as excerpted:
> > Duncan <1i5t5.dun...@cox.net> wrote:
> >> If you're not using radeon/amdgpu, you can probably disable it with
> >> little consequence.
> >
> > Googleearth on intel's graphics card becomes unusable slow if mesa is
> > compiled without llvm.
>
> Thanks.  I wasn't aware Intel graphics used llvm too.  Now I am. =:^)

I'm not sure, but even if they didn't, AFAIK mesa uses LLVM to speed up CPU
rendering, so you would probably want it regardless (my understanding is: in
any case where a driver doesn't implement a particular OpenGL function, a
software implementation can be used instead, and that can be accelerated/
optimised by LLVM).

> Does anyone know about nVidia graphics, both servantware and freedomware?
> I'm guessing the servantware doesn't use it, but the freedomware very
> well could, if both Intel and AMD are doing so.

I would be surprised if the nouveau driver didn't use LLVM, too, but I don't
know for sure.  No idea about nvidia.

> And while we're on the topic, last I knew nVidia had no plans to do
> wayland with their servantware at all.  Any hints of that changing?

No idea, sorry (also, I don't care ;-) ).

Greetings
--
Marc Joliet
don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup