Unfortunately BPS has an annoying habit of overwriting the test output files every time it is run regardless of which test you actually run. I didn't notice this when I was doing my initial stuff on RedHat so I lost all the other tests results from BPS. I have better tests of the hardware since then. We ran HPL on the PowerPC cluster running both Gentoo 2005.1 and Mac OS 10.4 (mac os was ~ %5 faster on average). I ran IOZone on our XRaid using HFS+ under Mac OS, and Reiser, xfs, jfs, and ext3 under Gentoo for PPC64.

I also ran tests using Mr Bayes, ClustalW, MPIBench, and several other in house tests that I had available but all of these tests where either inconclusive or failed to demonstrate any difference between the platforms.

I will be doing a bunch of this again here in a bit in order to get data on our new OS build we are putting into production =)